- cut the hard end of the endive off, with a sharp knife, take the little "heart" out, this is where the bitterness leaves, so I was told.
- steam the endives until tender when cook, put them aside for at least an hour to drip all the water out
- prepare the white sauce (bechamel)
- roll the slice of ham around the endive, place in an oven dish
- pour the bechamel over
- top with cheese
- cook for 25 minutes, grill the top if necessary
this recipe was submitted to 5 a day round up on http://sweetnicks.com/about.html#ARF5aday site which has useful lists (I like lists) ie:antioxidant rich foods, so we can all aim at trying to be healthier.
I am away for a week, but when I come back I would love to hear about any recipe with chillis as I did not have the time to cook the only one I bought back from the festival.