It's election night when we need a fast, easy, tasty recipe to cook and plenty of carbs will be required later on for all that jumping up and down when the results will be announced.
Don't cook more than and couple of minutes, each side or the fritters will be rubbery.
Break the spaghetti in half they will be easy to handle
No spaghetti, noodles will do
Serves 4 makes about 20 fritters should not take longer than 30 minutes
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 egg
- 1 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 shallot
- 10 finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ tablespoon tarragon (optional)
- 100g dried tomatoes chopped finely
- 80g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tps oil for shallow frying
- 30g flour
- Boil pasta for about 8 minutes in salted water.
- While the pasta are cooking prepare the coating in a large salad bowl
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, press in the garlic, chopped and add the herbs, then all the rest shallot, Parmesan cheese, flour, pepper, dried tomatoes and whisk
- Sieve the pasta add them to the bowl and give it a mix using a fork or your hands
- Pour two tablespoons of oil in a pan, heat
- Roll the spaghetti around a fork, drop the fritter in the pan if you have not caught enough "bits" add them on the top. Fry no more than 2 minutes each side
Serve hot or warm with tomato chutney
Now you are ready to shout at the TV.