How exciting, this is just brilliant.
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp tahini paste (I use the light kind)
2 tbsp fresh mint or parsley, chopped
1- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/380F/Gas mark 5
- Prick the skins of the aubergines so that they don't explode in the oven.
- Place the Aubergine in a tin, in the oven for 20 minutes, it does not matter if it is longer, as long as they are soft inside and slightly shrivelled outside, leave them to cool slightly
- Remove the skin
- Tip into a food processor small bowl, add the garlic, the lemon juice and tahini
- Add the olive oil as you whisk
- Finish by adding the salt, cumin, cayenne pepper to taste,
- Give it a last whirl, it should be smooth add water if necessary.
Cool it 1/2 hour further in the fridge, Serve with warm pitta, it will blacken slightly but that does not affect the taste.