Once a week I am going to try to touch base with the soup in the title of this blog. No bladi-bladi-bla, no anedoctes nor introduction, if I can help it....just a good straight forward recipe.
This week is my
Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 800g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1.25l (2 pints) vegetable stock or chickenstock
- 2tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- A dollop of cream or Greek yogurt per bowl, this recipe should serve 6
Heat the olive oil in a pan, stir in all the spices.
Add carrots onion and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the bouillon, the bay leave bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes
Allow to cool slightly, transfer to a food processor and blend- you might want to do this in batches or not to add all the liquid.
Served topped with fresh coriander, you also have to option to add a dollop of cream or Greek yogurt in each bowl.