This is a sneak preview at tonight's diner. I found this recipe in Cook-Vegetarian! UK's only veggie monthly.
And if you came back regularly to check your little Pebblesoup (this can be done with the followers new button hint!) you will soon see a subscription Give-Away for this brilliant meat-free magazine.
This publication is absolutely packed with recipes and I'll tell you what I like about it: the recipes work, it is as simple as that. In season ingredients, imaginative ways of cooking, for example: In the June issue, they did a Mediterranean Special with an Antonio Carluccio's Masterclass. I'd love to interview Mr Carluccio, we share a passion for fungies. He tosses his pasta in a Courgette Sauce, 5 minutes work and a welcome change from tomato sauce.
Then, there is Cook Like a Masterchef, I am not a great fan of these two chefs (Greg & John) I can still hear their repetitive formulae, I think the candidates often show so much more talent that they, themselves do, anyway the good thing is that Cook Vegetarian concentrates on past winner's recipes.
Savoury Cheesecake is a new one on me and I was curious to see how it would turn out, as usual not exactly like the picture but it is yummy and ready in 50 minutes so may be not exactly a fast one to create but if your friend Anne was coming for diner, then that would be an obvious choice, let hope that she has not developed a sudden allergy to one of the ingredients. I love Anne's spectacular hypochondriac ailments, she gets a new one almost every week.
Savoury Cheesecake with Oven-Roasted Vine Tomatoes
- 85g fresh white bread
- 45g unsalted butter
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 75g vegetarian blue cheese
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp double cream
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 20 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 75ml olive oil, plus extra for roasting
- 30g basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190C/£375F/Gas %. Butter the bases and sides of four 8cm (3in) fluted loose -bottomed flan tine ( note that any odd ramekin will do as well)
- Put the bread in a food processor and whiz until it has turned into fine crumbs. Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a saucepan, tip in the breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Press into the bottom and sides of the flan tins with the back of a spoon to ensure an even layer. Bake in the oven for about 10 mins until golden - Keep watch!-
- Cream together the filling ingredients and divide between the flan tins. Return to the oven and bake for 10-12 mins or until golden and just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tins.
- Split the tomato vines so there are five tomatoes per person. Place on baking tray, drizzle over some olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 mins or until the skins start to blister.
- Meanwhile, blanch the basil in salted boiling water then refresh in cold water. Blend in a food processor with 75ml olive oil until liquid. Pour into a muslin-lined sieve over a bowl to drain.
- Place each cheesecake on a plate, top with the cherry tomatoes, and add drizzle of basil oil.
developed by James Shepherd -groom turned caterer and 2007 quater-finalist.Yum