If August is a quiet month, it might only be because July is a manic one. A month when the press is out in force having a taste of Christmas. Everybody who is anybody or nobody is going from one Christmas presentation to another.
In 2009 when I was first got invited, I dragged a couple of teenagers nieces with me who just couldn't believe their eyes. It was another world, mince-pies in July, I was instantly promoted to "amazing auntie".
This year, I limited myself to just a few events. One always awaited presentation is that of Waitrose.
Here is a sneak preview:
- This Christmas we'll be eating our placemats (bottom left on the patchwork)
- Heston's pudding is affordable
- Trees are made of wood, Swedish style
- The plateau de fromages will see numerous Spanish additions
- And last but not least little bites are flavour of the month and Waitrose is probably the only supermarket to offer individual fish tartars.